Class Assignments

As a social sciences major, I'm pretty used to reading being a large component of my classwork, so that aspect of the class assignments isn't new or unwelcome to me. Normally, though, I would be given academic articles and news pieces to read, so the idea of stories being the reading for this class is interesting. I personally love to read during my free time, as mentioned in my introductory post, so being able to do that for a class is great! The storytelling aspect of this class is a little new to me; most of what I write for my other classes are drier, non-fiction things: literature reviews, policy papers, etc. I don't have much experience in storytelling, but I'm excited to try it out this semester. The assignments that focus on interacting with my classmates' blogs is new, but I'm excited to see everyone elses' interpretations of the same stories that we will all be reading, and to learn more about everyone in general.

An infographic from Now Novel about how to write dialogue to take into account when we write our stories.


In terms of the extra credit assignments, I appreciate that there's such a variety of options for us to choose from. I think that allows everyone to find something that appeals to them, while offering them a chance to improve their grade in case they fall behind at some point in the semester for whatever reason. The HEART resources option appeals to me a lot, because I've been trying to figure out ways to manage my time and my mental health (i.e. stress) in this particularly stressful point of my university career.

All in all, this class structure seems very relaxed and minimally stressful to me, which I really enjoy. I look forward to the coming weeks.

Comments

  1. As an engineering major, writing isn't anything particularly new or foreign to me either. However, most of the writing I've previously done has revolved heavily around technical writing, such as lab reports or instruction manuals. I'm looking forward to a change of pace to practice different writing styles, especially before I graduate this May! I'm also appreciative of all the extra credit assignments available to us to make up missed assignments or to finish the class early!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an International Studies Major

Comment Wall

Week 5 Story: Sarnevesht